[UbuntuWomen] Vote for new mailing list admins!

vid vid at svaksha.com
Mon Jun 15 04:47:04 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 08:44, Elizabeth Krumbach<lyz at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> As mentioned on list previously, we'll be bringing on some new mailing
> list admins. Several people have volunteered (thanks everyone!) and as
> discussed instead of doing a vote in an IRC meeting we thought it

Here is an short analysis on average membership strength for :

UForums : Isabelle, could we get  figures?
IRC : ~ avg. +/-35 members
LP : ~ 150 members
MList: ~ 370+

With all due respect, as I have mentioned time and again[0], the
purpose of bringing in new admins is to encourage new comers to take
more responsibility. On most lists calls are never even made on the
list but i wanted it to be transparent so that there will not be cries
of "its a cabal of friends known to existing admins".

[0] https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-women/2009-June/002007.html

A big thanks to all those who volunteered but as you may have noticed,
except for Alejandra Ruiz and Jamesha Fisher, all others already
volunteer and hold high esteem within the Ubuntu circle.

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-women/2009-June/001981.html
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-women/2009-June/002008.html

It seems only fair that one of these two newcomers to Ubuntu be given
a chance to be the new moderators.  If there is concern that newbies
should not be given such privileges it begs the question : Why Not?
This is something that should be discussed here.

IMPO, most of us in Ubuntu and other projects have been n00bs and did
not have to walk on fire or jump through hoops. A newbie volunteering
process should be as simple as possible. Something to think about !!

--
thanks
|| vid || http://www.svaksha.com ||