[UbuntuWomen] Participation and contribution in UW [was] call for list admins

vid vid at svaksha.com
Sat Jun 6 14:42:58 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jun 6, 2009 at 06:22, Jan Claeys<lists at janc.be> wrote:

> looking for a new house to buy--all around the same time.  So I'm very
> well aware about "real life" getting in the way sometimes...  ;-)
>
> I really welcome all new volunteers and, like I said before, I want to
> help them with how to do mailing list moderation without using too much
> time.

Thanks for understanding. To add, today morning I had an off-list mail
exchange where i explained why the tangential drift and circular
discussions was disturbing and that my call to add mods was NOT
related to debate over list policy, rather a genuine attempt to give
someone *new* a chance to contribute. Ndapewa and I would like to
follow up with this goal and we will select and personally spend time
in mentoring the said new moderator after 14june. I would most
appreciate everyone's support on this. Thanks.

While on the subject, with no offence meant to anyone in particular,
the current pattern in Libre software has close to zero percent female
participation from developing nations. This lack of diversity
represented by single digits was pointed out by a researcher from
South America who is subscribed here so I would request her to share
her research results over the last year and reasons for such a low
participation with us please.

--
thanks
|| vid || http://www.svaksha.com ||