[UbuntuWomen] Fwd: call for list admins

vid vid at svaksha.com
Sat Jun 6 14:44:15 UTC 2009

JFTR, here is another volunteer.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jamesha Fisher <jamfish728 at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 20:47
Subject: Re: [UbuntuWomen] call for list admins
To: vid at svaksha.com

Hey Vid,

I'd like to volunteer as a list admin. I've been list-admin for DePaul
Linux community for over a year now, including our dicussion and
announce lists. Though I've had a bit of experience in controlling
flame wars, it's not extensive. However, I want to be more invovled in
Ubuntu Women, and feel that this might be a great start.

Thanks,

--
Jamesha "JamFish" Fisher

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 7:52 AM, vid <vid at svaksha.com> wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> As the subject line says this is a call for more volunteers to admin
> the UW mailing list. We are 3 admins atm, but it does not hurt to have
> more hands on board.  In short, an admin clears the spam queue and
> tends to pending requests. Its not hard and wont take more than a few
> minutes during the week.  Will involve the occasional stepping in
> during flame wars or trolls, of which UW has too few, thanks to our
> COC and our list members do a better job, which is the way things
> should be in any community :)
>
> Also, it does not matter if you have never done this before - we all
> have a first time and you get to learn on the go.  There have been
> many women newcomers introducing themselves here and our membership
> has grown (as with the spam levels unfortunately) so this is a great
> opportunity for you to start contributing to a free software project.
>
> If interested, reply to this message with a short intro (if you
> already introduced yourself on the list please send in relevant
> links).  This call will be kept open until 14 June 2009 to enable
> everyone to read and respond if interested.
>
> --
> thanks
> || vid || http://www.svaksha.com ||

thanks