[xubuntu-users] No scrollbar steppers in xfce4-terninal

Stuart McGraw smcg4191 at mtneva.com
Thu Nov 9 20:00:23 UTC 2017

On 11/08/2017 03:39 PM, Teresa e Junior wrote:
> Em 08/11/2017 15:25, Stuart McGraw escreveu:
>> On Fedora-23 which I am coming from I had to hunt around for a theme
>> that had the steppers [*] but no matter what theme I try in Xubuntu
>> (I've installed a bunch including Murine which I've been using on F23),
>> even if steppers appear in other windows (eg thunar) they don't in
>> xfce4-terminal.  I'm running Ubuntu-server-17.10 + Xubuntu package.
>
> Murrine is GTK+2, you need a GTK+3 theme for current versions of xfce4-terminal.

Thanks, but are you saying that a gtk+3 theme should have steppers
enabled?  I tried the "greybird" theme (seems to be gtk+3 from what
I can tell) but no steppers.  And with Murrine on F23 I *did* have
steppers in xfce4-terminal.

There seems to be on the order of ~100 theme packages available
(that's excluding -icon- themes) so downloading and trying randomly
does not seem to be a practical approach.

The only other info I can think to add is that I notice that on
Fedora I was using xfce4-terminal-0.6.3; on Ubuntu it is xfce4-
terminal-0.8.6.  Is it possible that xfce4-terminal ignores the
theme and presence/absence of the steppers hardwired (and they
are off in -0.8.6)?  In which case I should be looking for a
replacement rather than a way to make them work?

Additional suggestions or clarification gratefully welcomed...this
problem is seriously hampering my use of Ubuntu.