[xubuntu-users] shell tools (was Re: Is it possible to edit the right-click menu?)

pereira ninorpereira at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 15:00:10 UTC 2017

FWIW, thh ones I tried (del and df3) work fine.

Pointing and clicking on an almost invisible command at the bottom of
the web site downloads
and installs all the 193 (IIRC) files in the fstool directory. That's easy.

But, to make use of them you have to know some linux magic that is not
described anywhere
(that I could find). The executable files end up in a directory called
fstools-0.0/bin, with minimal
documentation in fstools-0.0/doc and and a useless fstools-0.0/README.
But, if you know your
own linux magic you would know one of many options: put in your
.bash_aliases the abacadabra

# look in fstools directory, with useful perl scripts from Stuttgart U:
http://fex.belwue.de/fstools/del.html
export PATH=$PATH:/home/your-name-here/fstools-0.0/bin

Then you can use such useful commands as del, df3, and other useful
esoterica.

Thank you Uri

Nino