[xubuntu-users] Is it possible to edit the right-click menu?

Richard Owlett rowlett at cloud85.net
Sun Jan 8 14:24:03 UTC 2017

On 1/8/2017 6:42 AM, Ulli Horlacher wrote:
> On Thu 2017-01-05 (09:19), Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
>
>> I made what I thought was a minimal edit to
>> ~/.config/menus/xfce-applications.menu,
>> just moving one line down in a "layout" section.  Immediately all my window
>> decorations went blank, and I could not so much as start a terminal
>> emulator.  I installed a new copy of xubuntu beside this one for
>> comparison
>
> You can look at /etc/skel/ for defaults file when you create a new user.
>

>> So I renamed it on the broken system (I figured that was a bit safer
>> than just deleting it)
>
> See http://fex.belwue.de/fstools/del.html

*THANK YOU*
Browsing the (.*) scripts under /etc/skel/  was illuminating.
I would suggest that any new to Linux browse
http://fex.belwue.de/fstools/index.html just to gain perspective
of what can be done at the command line.
As I have a machine dedicated to experimenting with configuration
options (emphasis on 'look and feel') I suspect linuxclone and
usbmount are going to become familiar.