[xubuntu-users] xubuntu 14.04: strange behavior on thunderbird drop down recipient box

Peter Flynn peter at silmaril.ie
Tue Mar 15 20:48:22 UTC 2016

On 03/15/2016 10:03 AM, Fabrizio Tivano wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I'm managing a large scale of Xubuntu 14.04 based  desktop installation,
> all systems are kept up to date by a centralized provisioning server.
>
> Few months ago, I don't exactly know when, but certainly in conjunction
> with some update, probably before Thunderbird 38.3, we started experiencing a really
> strange behavior related to the auto completion drop down list
> on the Thunderbird new messagerecipient box.
>
> The central LDAP provides company email address book  and when I type
> just a character in the recipient box I can see a drop down listing the
> email addrs matching the character just entered;
> when I input a second char (80% of cases)  the drop down refresh but it
> cuts making it impossible to read the content.

I can confirm this. The dropdown becomes very shallow, about half of a
line-height, so you can only see the top of the letters of one entry.

I am running Tbird 38.6.0 under Xubuntu 15.10

Unrelated, the matching with remote data (in my case LDAP from AD) is
very poor, failing to test the surname and forename separately (ie
before and after the comma).

///Peter