[xubuntu-users] WIndows key bindings do not work right

MR ZenWiz mrzenwiz at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 01:09:52 UTC 2016

Since I installed Xubuntu 14.04.4 on my work desktop, I notice that
the Windows Manager keyboard key bindings do not always work and
frequently need to be reset.

One of the reasons I have liked Xubuntu/Xfce4 so much for the last
four years has been its flexible way of allowing me to set the
keystroke bindings the way I like them.  For xfce4-keyboard-settings,
these work just fine.

However, when I change the Windows Manager's keybindings, they don't
stick.  After some amount of uptime, which appears to be random, they
stop working and I ahve to reset the whole array and start over.

This does not happen on my home laptop or desktop, which have had the
same custom keybindings for years and they have never failed.  Only
this brand new installation has the problem.

What am I missing?

Version info:

admar-HPz640 4.2.0-34-generic #39~14.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Fri Mar 11
11:38:02 UTC 2016 x86_64 GNU/Linux
DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
DISTRIB_RELEASE=14.04
DISTRIB_CODENAME=trusty
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS"

The hardware is a 12-core Xeon, 32GB of memory, 1TB hard drive, nVidia
video adapter and so on.  Nothing all that special.

Thanks.
MR