[xubuntu-users] Repository driver for nvidia laptop card NVS3100M?

Tigerwolf tigerwolf at tigerden.com
Thu Dec 29 10:11:30 UTC 2016

On Thu, 29 Dec 2016, François P. Rotzinger wrote:

> On 12/29/2016 04:44 AM, JMZ wrote:
>>  Sometimes it works fine, and other times it causes video distortion
>>  (screen blank, not refreshing). Not a hardware problem, as the laptop
>>  works just fine with xscreensaver disabled.  Maybe fitting the right
>>  driver might help.  Bug report already filed.

All the individual xscreensaver patterns are different programs submitted
by different people.  Some do have compatibilities regarding video
drivers, or may otherwise be incompatible on certain machines.

For example, the 'PacMan' routine worked fine for years on different
machines, but I found I had to disable it after an update to Xubuntu
(I don't recall which one).

Run the xscreensaver utility and go through all the saver pattern's and
disable those that don't work or cause issues.

Once you figure out what works and what dosen't you can create a more
detailed bug report for those.

--
=^_^=  Tigerwolf