[xubuntu-users] Repository driver for nvidia laptop card NVS3100M?

JMZ florentior at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 13:07:37 UTC 2016

On 12/29/2016 03:10 AM, François P. Rotzinger wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Some time ago, I installed 16.04.1 (Unity) on a T410s with the same
> graphics card. After the installation of the proprietary drivers, I
> could even switch between the Intel and nVidia graphics, whereby
> logout/login was required, but no reboot.
>
> Good luck!
>
> François

Thanks for the info, François. I found that a generic repository nvidia
driver will work.  In this case, it was nvidia-304 (nvidia-common).
This driver is appropriate given the age of the video card.  I remember
using 304 around 2010 with a nvidia 512MB desktop card.  The video card
on the T510 is also 512MB.

So far xscreensaver seems to be working.  I will try to be more detailed
in a bug report if necessary. I don't think this is a zesty issue though.

Jordan