[xubuntu-users] [14.04 64Bit]-New Install:Monitor Keeps Turning Off?

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Tue Oct 21 08:10:42 UTC 2014

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 06:32:59PM -0400, JMZ wrote:
>    Sometimes the screensaver timing is set very low, like 1 minute.  Try
>    increasing the amount of time before the screensaver comes on.
>
>    Personally I would ditch light locker and go back to xscreensaver.  I've
>    had nothing but grief about light locker.  xscreensaver is old and "ugly",
>    but did the job much better.

In the Light Locker Settings I just have "Enable light-locker" turned
off and then set the Screensaver settings to what I want, works
perfectly on my laptop.

I've never really fathomed out why people want to lock screens and/or
have pretty pictures when they're away.  Just turn the screen off
after a few minutes idle so it doesn't burn or waste power.

--
Chris Green