[xubuntu-users] Printer query

Dave Hills dave.hills.2009 at gmail.com
Sun May 19 20:02:16 UTC 2013

On 16 May 2013 17:37, "Neil Winchurst" <neilwin at drofle.co.uk> wrote:

> I have a desktop computer with an HP Photosmart 5520 printer connected
via USB and working well.

> I also look after 3 laptops, mine, the wife's and the daughter's.
>
> I have set up shared printing on CUPS on both the desktop and on one of
the  laptops. When I try out a test print using open office on the laptop
the printer is found and I ask it to print but nothing happens.

> When I check on the laptop I see that the job is there but 'The printer
is not responding'. Checking on the desktop the queue is empty.

> Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong please, or perhaps what I am not
doing right.

> Thanks
>
> Neil

Hi Neil,
I have a Cannon printer and just set it up to connect to my WiFi network.
It's then available to the 3 laptops in the house without the need for
sharing. I still use the USB connection to my desktop as they are
co-located. This has worked for  Xubuntu 12.04 and 12.10.

Dave.

Sent from my Galaxy S3.