[xubuntu-users] 2014 Rolling release?

Art Slurry info at artslurry.com
Tue Jan 29 00:14:48 UTC 2013

On 01/28/2013 04:50 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> ...  There is no distro a best solution for most Linux
> users. Non of the known distros is better or less good than another,
> they all have advantages and drawbacks.

This is so true; I'm glad to see others say it out loud.

I love and use Xubuntu exclusively now, and, for me, it's perfect, fast,
simple, clean and imho the best worry-free implementation of xfce, but
that's just me, for others it may be Studio, or something based on slack
or arch, etc.  I've had zero issues with XUbuntu that I couldn't fix
myself or figure out eventually, and nothing major, everything just
works, which is perfect for someone who doesn't have time or the
knowledge needed to do extensive configuring.  I do some  recording,
video editing, graphics and general office stuff, with no major issues,
no hours of tweaking and fixing stuff.

I don't understand the implications of a rolling release...why it would
be a problem,  don't most stick with LTS releases anyway?  As long as I
can get updates regularly, I'm OK with LTS only releases.  Why would
others be opposed to it?