[xubuntu-users] Xubuntu 13.10: Switch window for same application doesn't work with xterm and gvim

Andreas Buschatz a.buschatz at gmx.net
Mon Dec 2 20:37:56 UTC 2013

Am 02.12.2013 16:43, schrieb Pasi Lallinaho:
> On 02/12/13 17:12, Andreas Buschatz wrote:
>> Xubuntu 13.10:
>> I tried several shortcuts in »Settings Manager/Window
>> Manager/Keyboard/Switch window for same application«. If I opened
>> several instances of xterm or gvim or terminator, the switching
>> between windows for the same application doesn't work. Other
>> applications like xfce4-terminal don't have problems with switching
>> between windows for the same application. A bug? Workaround?
>>
> Sounds like it's something to do how xterm, gvim or terminator are run.
>
> I would look into those applications' support methods to see if others
> have had a similar problem. If that doesn't seem to give any results,
> see if there is a bug reported; the developers might consider this, for
> some odd reason, a feature though...
>
> Cheers,
> Pasi

Ubuntu has no problems with switching windows for the same application
(xterm, gvim). So I guess, it is more a problem of Xubuntu/Xfce4. I
could not find any bug-reports about xterm or gvim, having problems with
switching between windows. But I found some reports regarding the
xfce4-terminal: There were problems with the autocompletion by using the
tab-key. The workaround was, to clear the shortcut for »Switch window
for same application« (default: Super+Tab). It looks somehow related to
my problem...