[xubuntu-users] xfce4-power-manager

Ali Linx (amjjawad) amjjawad at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 07:01:36 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

While the first impression on this bug that it affects Lubuntu, if you have
a close look, you will come to know it affects Xubuntu as well:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xfce4-power-manager/+bug/1193716

You can check my newest comment:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xfce4-power-manager/+bug/1193716/comments/32

I am now converting people to Xubuntu (Linux), not only Lubuntu. And, I am
thinking to remove my Lubuntu installations and go for Xubuntu because I am
starting to like it a lot and it is stable more as far as I can tell. In
fact, I already removed 3 different installation of Lubuntu (different
versions - triple booting system) and installed Xubuntu 13.10 as the only
system:

http://phillw.net/hardware/BnA9pw11

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=584198638299847&set=o.240872812628300&type=1

So, I guess I should at least be prepared for the Qs that the newcomers to
Linux will ask me which I guess they will complain about the 10mins and
their monitor to be off after that.

In your opinion, until this bug being solved, what is the best approach or
work around? remember, for me, I can live with it but for a newcomer to
Linux/Xubuntu, I don't think they will like it :)

Thank you!

Best Regards,