[xubuntu-users] Xubuntu 13.10: Switch window for same application doesn't work with xterm and gvim

Pasi Lallinaho pasi at shimmerproject.org
Mon Dec 2 15:43:57 UTC 2013

On 02/12/13 17:12, Andreas Buschatz wrote:
> Xubuntu 13.10:
> I tried several shortcuts in »Settings Manager/Window
> Manager/Keyboard/Switch window for same application«. If I opened
> several instances of xterm or gvim or terminator, the switching
> between windows for the same application doesn't work. Other
> applications like xfce4-terminal don't have problems with switching
> between windows for the same application. A bug? Workaround?

Sounds like it's something to do how xterm, gvim or terminator are run.

I would look into those applications' support methods to see if others
have had a similar problem. If that doesn't seem to give any results,
see if there is a bug reported; the developers might consider this, for
some odd reason, a feature though...

Cheers,
Pasi