[xubuntu-users] USB drives automount issue on 12.04

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 09:59:21 UTC 2012

On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 7:07 AM, L.M.J <linuxmasterjedi at free.fr> wrote:

> Vincent Trouilliez <vincent.trouilliez at gmail.com> a écrit :
> > You haven't mentioned udev in your e-mail so maybe it's worth adding it
> > your list of suspects.
> > Look at the list of packages that got modified when you did your big
> > update, see which ones could be suspect and check their log file to see
> > what got modified, might give a clue.
>
> I've checked the dpkg.log and I haven't found anything strange except
> the kernel update.

Hey you must be kidding me: the very udev we are talking about is in that
list, look at the very bottom ! ;-)

The kernel is also a good suspect, and the good thing is that normally your
previous kernel, the one you know for a fact worked, should still be
installed and available from the grub menu at start up, so just reboot your
computer using the previous kernel and see if that makes a difference !

--
Vince