[xubuntu-users] USB drives automount issue on 12.04

L.M.J linuxmasterjedi at free.fr
Sat Nov 24 06:07:46 UTC 2012

Le Sat, 17 Nov 2012 13:55:11 +0100,
Vincent Trouilliez <vincent.trouilliez at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Not an expert but some time ago under Gnome I suffered something similar,
> the problem was udev: restarting it by by hand (something like sudo
> /etc/init.d/udev restart) would get things back to normal, USB devices
> would be detected and auto-mounted again.
>
> You haven't mentioned udev in your e-mail so maybe it's worth adding it to
> your list of suspects. I will let the more experienced on this list, take
> it from there ;-)
>
> Look at the list of packages that got modified when you did your big
> update, see which ones could be suspect and check their log file to see
> what got modified, might give a clue.

I've checked the dpkg.log and I haven't found anything strange except
the kernel update. Have a look :

apport
apport-gtk
aptdaemon
aptdaemon-data
aptitude
base-files
colord
deluge
deluge-common
deluge-gtk
ffmpeg
firefox
firefox-globalmenu
firefox-gnome-support
firefox-locale-en
firefox-locale-fr
flashplugin-installer
gir1.2-gtk-3.0
gir1.2-gudev-1.0
icedtea-netx
icedtea-netx-common
libavcodec-extra-53
libavdevice53
libavfilter2
libavformat53
libav-tools
libavutil-extra-51
libcolord1
libgail-3-0
libgl1-mesa-dev
libgl1-mesa-dri
libgl1-mesa-glx
libglapi-mesa
libglu1-mesa
libglu1-mesa-dev
libgnomecanvas2-0
libgnomecanvas2-common
libgtk-3-0
libgtk-3-bin
libgtk-3-common
libgudev-1.0-0
libmysqlclient18
libnautilus-extension1a
libpostproc52
libproxy1
libqt4-dbus
libqt4-declarative
libqt4-designer
libqt4-dev
libqt4-help
libqt4-network
libqt4-opengl
libqt4-opengl-dev
libqt4-qt3support
libqt4-script
libqt4-scripttools
libqt4-sql
libqt4-sql-mysql
libqt4-svg
libqt4-test
libqt4-xml
libqt4-xmlpatterns
libqtcore4
libqtgui4
libservlet2.5-java
libswscale2
libtiff4
libtiff-tools
libudev0
libvdpau1
libxatracker1
linux-generic
linux-headers-generic
linux-image-generic
linux-libc-dev
make
mesa-common-dev
mysql-common
nautilus
nautilus-data
opera
postfix
python-apport
python-aptdaemon
python-aptdaemon.gtk3widgets
python-keyring
python-problem-report
qdbus
qt4-linguist-tools
qt4-qmake
skype
udev
xul-ext-ubufox

Any idea is welcome !

--
 LMJ
 "May the source be with you my young padawan"