[xubuntu-users] bash-completion and history for additional users

Hellmut Weber mail at hellmutweber.de
Thu Aug 4 11:04:22 UTC 2011

Hi list,
I'm working with a Lenovo T61.

Recently I installed Natty and created as before with 10.10 a first user
'hellmut'.

logged in as hellmut I switched to root and created another user 'leo'
which is my normal working identity.

sudo su
passwd for hellmut: <entered>
# useradd -c "Leo's Id" -m leo
# passwd leo
enter pw: <entered>
repaet pw: <entered>

Now it is possible to login as 'leo', BUT neither **bash-completion**
nor **history** (up/down, pade up/down) is working in a terminal or
konsole, although it both DO WORK users 'hellmut' and 'root'.

What can I do to make it work for 'leo' (and for another user 'test1'
added afterwards.

Any help appreciated

TIA

Hellmut

Dr. Hellmut Weber         mail at hellmutweber.de
Degenfeldstraße 2         tel   +49-89-3081172
D-80803 München-Schwabing mobil +49-172-8450321
please: No DOCs, no PPTs. why: tinyurl.com/cbgq