[xubuntu-users] No Gnome dialer in Ubuntu 10.10.

inbredredneck inbredredneck at saber.net
Tue Nov 9 19:15:00 UTC 2010

Hope you guys can help. Installed 10.10 on a Dell laptop. No working access
to internet on it and I've tried installing GnomePPP from a CD that I used
when I ran Xubuntu 7.04, but Synaptic Manager wants me to get the package
via internet. I've tried running the CD and clicking on the .deb file that
shows and the machine still tells me that I need to get it online. Has
GnomePPP changed? Any help in the most basic terms would be greatlly
appreciated.

Rob J