[xubuntu-users] Installation issues in school lab.

Prekates Alexandros aprekates at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 18:45:22 UTC 2010

Sorry for the late reply.

First of all i owe thanks to the foss and xubuntu community.

Thanks  Yorvyk  for the insight  in the slow first boot issue.

And to asnwer Tim Henderson unfortunately i dont have experience in LTSP setup so cause time was pressing i choose the way i knew.
I guess the whole point of LTSP is to save time :-) but i'm afraid of it for now.

Lately:  i set up a samba share with success in the server , client access it with the help smbnetfs. (fusesmb had some problems).
And now my next goal is to share - access printers in the school  - lab lan,  and enforce some policy on desktop use.
Already in irc the suggested to me to try kiosm mode for policy.

One problem that still persist is the vanishing panels!! who i restart with ALT F2 , xfce4-panel &
It happens even if in the configuration i check for automatically saving session at exit.

Alexandros.