[xubuntu-users] Antwort: Going from Kubuntu to Xubuntu

hannah at hannah-and-friends.de hannah at hannah-and-friends.de
Fri May 23 06:47:51 UTC 2008

Hello Alberto,

I'm a brand new greenhorn in the xubuntu-szene, use it since monday this
week and
I'm sastisfied. Because the installation of xubuntu is one of the most
simple thing,
you should it new install. Just a half hour and the task is done
successful.

I  use xubuntu because I have to teach some people of an
african-aid-organisation.
They need an lean os, cause the hardware they have to send to african
schools
is very old. We tested xubuntu on really old computers, it runs perfect of
the reason
it's using Xfce.

Have good times with your new xubuntu.

Regards

hannah josephine dippe

"Alberto Zeni" <alb.zeni at gmail.com>
Gesendet von: xubuntu-users-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com
22.05.2008 22:01
Bitte antworten zu
Xubuntu Help and User Discussions <xubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>

An
xubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
Kopie

Thema
[xubuntu-users] Going from Kubuntu to Xubuntu

Hello,
I have installed Kubuntu 8.04 (in dual boot with Win 98 SE) on my
daughter's old PC (Pentium III 500 MHz, 256 Mb RAM) and I'm pretty
satisfied of it, but later I considered that, due to the small amount of
RAM maybe I had better installing Xubuntu, in order to have better
performances.
What do you think about that? Do you suggest me to change? In case I
change, is it possible to transform my Kubuntu into Xubuntu? (as both of
them come from Ubuntu), or else I have to uninstall it? And if so, what's
the right uninstall procedure?
Can you give me some advice?
Best Regards,
Alberto--