[xubuntu-users] Sharing printers

Skip Evans skip at bigskypenguin.com
Thu Feb 1 21:47:59 UTC 2007

Hey all,

I created the file on the client at:

ServerName 192.168.0.7

(as this is the IP of the machine with the printer)

But it still does not print to the remote machine.
I pulled up printer config on the remote machine
and all it allows now is the 'Goto Server' button,
it does not allow a local one, which is fine since
there is no local one.

However, when I try the Goto Server button, either
with or without 'Require encryption' checked, it
gets this error:

"HttpConnectionEncrypt Failed"

All I can find via Google of that error is one
thread about connection to a Windows machine and a
few more pages not in English.

Sorry for being unilingual! :)

Anyone have any suggestions?

Skip