Update of the minimum requierements

Inti Alonso intialonso at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 28 20:14:51 UTC 2013

This is an old computer that I had rotting in a corner, so using it to help testing and improving Xubuntu is a pleasure. I must thank to all the team behind this great system.

Reducing the amount of RAM that the graphics takes is possible. I will update my test this weekend. Gonna reduce the shared ram and will try booting the live cd with the "only ubiquity" option, which I guess, should require a less memory than the full live session.

In the meanwhile, I have tested in virtual box with 256mb of ram, 1 core processor and booted the Ubiquity session without problems. The system installs and boots ok, just a little slow.

This different results between testing with a real machine vs a virtual one, has lead me to believe that Virtualbox should not be an accurate reference in the hardware requirements of the system. Running Virtualbox in a host with DDR3 memory, and a i7 processor; even reducing the resources of the virtual machine, will be much faster than a real system with DIMM memory and 1 core processor at 1.6 with a 133 bus.