[uds-announce] Have hundreds of USB flash - that don't work on Ubuntu

Ante Karamatić ante.karamatic at canonical.com
Tue Oct 30 14:34:00 UTC 2012

On 30.10.2012 15:03, Benjamin Bach wrote::

> If you can help us out or at least just tell us that it's hopeless, I'll
> swing by tomorrow with a free copy of the culprit that you're welcome to
> keep!! :)

It might just require specific setup of usb-modswitch. Very similar
problem exists with USB 3G modems - they register as a CD, just because
the device it self can work in two different modes.

This is becoming more and more common. In Windows, on first insert,
device would show up as a CD-ROM, enabling user to install the drivers.
Once drivers are installed, they would automatically change to
'alternate' mode - 3G modem, or USB stick.

Best regards

--
Ante Karamatic <ante.karamatic at canonical.com>
Professional and Engineering Services