[ubuntu-za] Notes tab on file properties

Lee Sharp leesharp at hal-pc.org
Sun Jun 3 02:35:54 UTC 2012

On 06/02/2012 07:07 AM, Robin Bownes wrote:

> I stopped using Microsoft, and began using Ubuntu for one major reason.
> Ubuntu made my life easier, and allowed me to get more work done, and
> spend considerably less time dealing with software issues. Given the
> circumstances under discussion, and possible future ramifications, it is
> entirely valid for me to question the reasonableness of continuing to
> use Ubuntu unless some fairly strong re-assurances are provided. This
> time it is a relatively small, but useful, and highly time-consuming
> (for me) item that has been removed. Next time it might be something
> that impacts you; possibly even more severely.

Things like this are why I am still on 10.04.  Unity is getting better,
but it is still so bad that it gets in the way of how I do work.  They
got a year or so to fix it before I move to Mint.  (Or whatever works
for the way I work)

Remember that you don't "need" to upgrade, regardless of what some
people say.  I am on 10.04 with a current mono, and Firefox 12.  I find
ppas to be wonderful.

			Lee