[ubuntu-za] add repo

William Walter Kinghorn williamk at dut.ac.za
Thu Feb 16 08:11:08 UTC 2012

Hi Miles,

The problem with Maverick is that in 2.5 months it will not be supported anymore

What you could try is installing Mate, which is keeping Gnome 2 alive : http://mate-desktop.org/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MATE_%28desktop_environment%29

Hopefully there will be a Mate respin, one that installs Mate by default, like Ubuntu Desktop installs Unity by default

William