[ubuntu-za] add repo

Miles msdomdonner at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 08:54:33 UTC 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: William Walter Kinghorn <williamk at dut.ac.za>
To: Ubuntu South African Local Community <ubuntu-za at lists.ubuntu.com>
Subject: Re: [ubuntu-za] add repo
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 10:11:08 +0200

Hi Miles,

The problem with Maverick is that in 2.5 months it will not be supported anymore

What you could try is installing Mate, which is keeping Gnome 2 alive : http://mate-desktop.org/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MATE_%28desktop_environment%29

Hopefully there will be a Mate respin, one that installs Mate by default, like Ubuntu Desktop installs Unity by default

William
Hehe, thats why I am trying to find a workaround the update thing.
I love Maverick but will get someone to look at mate-desktop for me.
Maybe if I start a petition and plead with Mark and/or Canonical they
can keep maverick alive even though not doing anymore new developement
Thanks William