[ubuntu-za] Connecting to iBurst From a iBurst Ethernet Modem with 100M UTP cable

Nick Michael(PtaISP) nick.michael at ptaisp.co.za
Fri Jan 22 07:06:16 GMT 2010

Hi Leo
i downloaded the file and last night I tried to do the installation.
first of all i had to extract the file to a folder as it was TARGZ or
something like that

Then i looked at the extracted files and none of the files you mentioned
were there

Then I tried to run these commands :
configure
make
make install
sudo make install

All of these comands you told me to do gave errors

I then  did "su root"
As I have set the root password on my machine
and tried to do
make install

It gave lots of errors

I did say I am using the new Ubuntu 0910 or what ever its called ( the
New one I believe it is the latest one)

Is there a step I missed

Please do not make assumptions I am not an expert simple steps please

kind regards
Nick