[Ubuntu Chicago] Starting Chicago Gnome User Group

Kevin Harriss special.kevin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 02:01:50 BST 2007

Hey All,

I am contacting this group to inform you that I am attempting to start
a Gnome User Group in Chicago.  If this works out it will be the first
Gnome User Group in the US, however there are many such groups in
other countries.  Some plans I have for the group would be to have
meetings and give presentations on Gnome applications or distros using
Gnome, have release parties for Gnome releases and have bug days where
we get together either in person or online or both and try to squash
as many bugs as we can in a day.  I don't mean to post this to start
any flame war about the best desktop environment.  If any of this
sounds interesting to you join us in #gnome-chi on irc.gnome.org and
if we get enough support I plan to have a meeting in the near future.

Thanks,

Kevin

- specialKevin
- Kevin Harriss