[ubuntu-uk] [OT] - MS XP Pro OEM CD - How?

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Fri Feb 15 21:44:11 GMT 2008

On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 01:52:46PM +0000, Tom Bamford wrote:
> You're right, any OEM install disc will do as long as you have valid
> license stickers/serial numbers. I use a mastered ISO which has every
> version of XP in both OEM and retail flavours on the one CD. One of
> these should do the job:
>
> http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=windows+xp+9+in+1+torrent

I'd really rather we didn't promote software piracy on this list. Whatever
the status and legality of the license the fact is that using bittorrent in
this way means you are _sharing_ the (copyrighted) software that you are
downloading. You will notice that the vast majority of legal threats have
been thrown at people who are sharing content, as such I don't think we
should advocate either downloading or sharing of copyrighted software,
whatever the source.

Thanks,
Al.