[ubuntu-uk] gimp

Robin Menneer robinmenneer at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 16:40:09 GMT 2007

On 2/9/07, Caroline Ford <caroline.ford.work at googlemail.com> wrote:

> London School of Puppetry wrote:
> >

> > On 06/02/07, Caroline Ford <caroline.ford.work at googlemail.com
> > <mailto:caroline.ford.work at googlemail.com>> wrote:
> >
> >  If you are running with kde libraries installed I'd recommend krita the
> >  kde bitmap editor as well.

I'm not running with kde libraries because  I'm in ubuntu.  I've had a look
at krita and karbon, both recommended in  these  pages, but they infer that
I should be using koffice.  As I am using and happy with openoffice,
entangling with koffice seems a large penalty for finding a sensible
substitute for gimp.  I'm scared off sodipodi because it is described as
unstable.  Am also worried by the warning *Installing these programs is
highly platform specific*.
Thank you very much for explaining the two uses of the word ubuntu - much is
now clearer for the first time - I do wish the experts realised the problems
us thickies have.  We often don't get very far even when we try hard.