ubuntu-translators Digest, Vol 63, Issue 12

Алдан Бермагамбетов aldanblues at mail.ru
Sat Dec 19 05:58:15 GMT 2009


ubuntu-translators-request at lists.ubuntu.com пишет:
> Send ubuntu-translators mailing list submissions to
> 	ubuntu-translators at lists.ubuntu.com
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> 	https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-translators
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> 	ubuntu-translators-request at lists.ubuntu.com
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
> 	ubuntu-translators-owner at lists.ubuntu.com
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of ubuntu-translators digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. Re: Considerations about official localized editions of Live
>       CDs (JimHu)
>    2. Re: Considerations about official localized editions of Live
>       CDs (Arne Goetje)
>    3. Re: Considerations about official localized editions of Live
>       CDs (JimHu)
>    4. Re: Considerations about official localized editions of Live
>       CDs (JimHu)
>    5. Re: Considerations about official localized editions of Live
>       CDs (Adi Roiban)
>    6. Re: Considerations about official localized editions of Live
>       CDs (Aron Xu)
>    7. Re: Considerations about official localized editions of Live
>       CDs (Aron Xu)
>    8. Re: Considerations about official localized editions of Live
>       CDs (Aron Xu)
>    9. Re: Considerations about official localized editions of Live
>       CDs (yq s)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 21:15:26 +0800 (CST)
> From: JimHu <jimhuyiwei at yahoo.com.cn>
> Subject: Re: Considerations about official localized editions of Live
> 	CDs
> To: Paul Tagliamonte <paultag at ubuntu.com>
> Cc: ubuntu-translators <ubuntu-translators at lists.ubuntu.com>,	"Ubuntu
> 	local community team \(LoCo\) contacts"
> 	<loco-contacts at lists.ubuntu.com>,	ubuntu-devel
> 	<ubuntu-devel at lists.ubuntu.com>,	ubuntu-devel-discuss at lists.ubuntu.com
> Message-ID: <832708.9473.qm at web15902.mail.cnb.yahoo.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=gb2312
>
>   
>> I love this idea!
>>
>> It will be a considerable amount of overhead for canonical
>> to get (
>> EVEN ) more CDs, but it would be a great step to a truly
>> global
>> operating system.
>>     
>
> Totally agree with you.  CJK users can only do very little daily jobs with LiveCD.  They can't type their own language, so that they can't search the Internet looking for infomation, using OOo to edit documents, or chat with freinds in their native languages.
>
> And CJK are so different as those Latin based language, it's quite hard for these users to learn English, especially Chinese users.  LiveCD session is useless to those who don't know English well, thus marketing and promotion are quite poor in such area.
>
> I know openSUSE has it own offical Asian LiveCD.  Why can't we?
> It's not a hard job or impossible mission,  and more than 130 million people can get benifit from it. :-)
>
> Best Regards,
> JimHu
>
>
>       ___________________________________________________________ 
>   ????????????????? 
> http://card.mail.cn.yahoo.com/
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 22:18:16 +0800
> From: Arne Goetje <arne.goetje at canonical.com>
> Subject: Re: Considerations about official localized editions of Live
> 	CDs
> To: JimHu <jimhuyiwei at yahoo.com.cn>
> Cc: ubuntu-translators <ubuntu-translators at lists.ubuntu.com>,
> 	ubuntu-devel <ubuntu-devel at lists.ubuntu.com>,	"Ubuntu local community
> 	team \(LoCo\) contacts"	<loco-contacts at lists.ubuntu.com>,
> 	ubuntu-devel-discuss at lists.ubuntu.com
> Message-ID: <4B2B8F28.8040907 at canonical.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>
> JimHu wrote:
>   
>> Totally agree with you.  CJK users can only do very little daily jobs
>> with LiveCD.  They can't type their own language, so that they can't
>> search the Internet looking for infomation, using OOo to edit
>> documents, or chat with freinds in their native languages.
>>
>> And CJK are so different as those Latin based language, it's quite
>> hard for these users to learn English, especially Chinese users.
>> LiveCD session is useless to those who don't know English well, thus
>> marketing and promotion are quite poor in such area.
>>     
>
> The CJK input methods are not installed on the LiveCD, because they take
> a lot of space, which we don't have. However, it is possible to install
> them in the running session and they should be immediately available
> after installation and following IBus configuration if you run it in a
> CJK locale. (IBus does not require a restart to activate the changes.)
>
> Cheers
> Arne
>
>
> -------------- next part --------------
> A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
> Name: signature.asc
> Type: application/pgp-signature
> Size: 260 bytes
> Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
> Url : https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-translators/attachments/20091218/079e026d/attachment-0001.pgp 
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 22:35:41 +0800 (CST)
> From: JimHu <jimhuyiwei at yahoo.com.cn>
> Subject: Re: Considerations about official localized editions of Live
> 	CDs
> To: Arne Goetje <arne.goetje at canonical.com>
> Cc: ubuntu-translators <ubuntu-translators at lists.ubuntu.com>,
> 	ubuntu-devel <ubuntu-devel at lists.ubuntu.com>,	"Ubuntu local community
> 	team \(LoCo\) contacts"	<loco-contacts at lists.ubuntu.com>,
> 	ubuntu-devel-discuss at lists.ubuntu.com
> Message-ID: <30357.20092.qm at web15904.mail.cnb.yahoo.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=gb2312
>
> Arne wrote:
>   
>> The CJK input methods are not installed on the LiveCD,
>> because they take
>> a lot of space, which we don't have. However, it is
>> possible to install
>> them in the running session and they should be immediately
>> available
>> after installation and following IBus configuration if you
>> run it in a
>> CJK locale. (IBus does not require a restart to activate
>> the changes.)
>>     
> I understand what you have said, but it's quite hard for a none expert, none English user to install the input method themselves under English locale. Imagine you are running the LiveCD of a distribution whose default language is Chinese, how can you figure out the way to install English language support by yourself?  After a glance at those unfamiliar characters, I think you will probably restart your computer, eject the LiveCD and never try that distribution or even Linux ever again.
>
> What I think it will be great is that we can have an offical localized LiveCD at least for CJK users, not the way to solve those localize problem in the LiveCD session we already have now.
>
>
>       ___________________________________________________________ 
>   ????????????????? 
> http://card.mail.cn.yahoo.com/
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 22:39:09 +0800 (CST)
> From: JimHu <jimhuyiwei at yahoo.com.cn>
> Subject: Re: Considerations about official localized editions of Live
> 	CDs
> To: Arne Goetje <arne.goetje at canonical.com>
> Cc: ubuntu-translators <ubuntu-translators at lists.ubuntu.com>,
> 	ubuntu-devel <ubuntu-devel at lists.ubuntu.com>,	"Ubuntu local community
> 	team \(LoCo\) contacts"	<loco-contacts at lists.ubuntu.com>,
> 	ubuntu-devel-discuss at lists.ubuntu.com
> Message-ID: <126535.91881.qm at web15905.mail.cnb.yahoo.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=gb2312
>
> Arne wrote:
>   
>> The CJK input methods are not installed on the LiveCD,
>> because they take
>> a lot of space, which we don't have. However, it is
>> possible to install
>> them in the running session and they should be immediately
>> available
>> after installation and following IBus configuration if you
>> run it in a
>> CJK locale. (IBus does not require a restart to activate
>> the changes.)
>>     
> I understand what you have said, but it's quite hard for a none expert, none English user to install the input method themselves under English locale. Imagine you are running the LiveCD of a distribution whose default language is Chinese, how can you figure out the way to install English language support by yourself?  After a glance at those unfamiliar characters, I think you will probably restart your computer, eject the LiveCD and never try that distribution or even Linux ever again.
>
> What I think it will be great is that we can have an offical localized LiveCD at least for CJK users, not the way to solve those localize problem in the LiveCD session we already have now.
>
> Best Regards,
> JimHu
>
>
>       ___________________________________________________________ 
>   ????????????????? 
> http://card.mail.cn.yahoo.com/
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 5
> Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 17:28:02 +0200
> From: Adi Roiban <adi at roiban.ro>
> Subject: Re: Considerations about official localized editions of Live
> 	CDs
> To: JimHu <jimhuyiwei at yahoo.com.cn>
> Cc: ubuntu-translators <ubuntu-translators at lists.ubuntu.com>,	"Ubuntu
> 	local community team \(LoCo\) contacts"
> 	<loco-contacts at lists.ubuntu.com>,	ubuntu-devel
> 	<ubuntu-devel at lists.ubuntu.com>,	ubuntu-devel-discuss at lists.ubuntu.com
> Message-ID: <1261150082.2489.333.camel at adi-laptop>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
>
> ?n data de Vi, 18-12-2009 la 22:39 +0800, JimHu a scris:
>   
>> What I think it will be great is that we can have an offical localized
>> LiveCD at least for CJK users, not the way to solve those localize
>> problem in the LiveCD session we already have now.
>>
>>     
>
> I encourage local communities to create their own LiveCD and host them
> on their local website.
>
> For people without basic knowledge of english, browsing ubuntu.com is
> not necessary an easy task... so the website or download instructions
> should also be provided in different languages.
>
> I tried to followed the documentation from LiveCDCustomization wiki
> page, and everything was smooth.
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LiveCDCustomization
> I asked some community members to test the image and then hosted the
> image on ubuntu.ro .
>
> It would be nice to have the image already created by someone else, but
> I think this is something a community can do. 
>
> Maybe we can have a session about LiveCD customization during the next
> Ubuntu Developers Week (or maybe we already did, I did not checked the
> schedule).
>
> Also maybe we should seek ways in which we can encourage local
> communities to create and support localized editions of Live CDs.
>
> Cheers,
>
>   
Привет! хотел бы получать ежедневные новости прогноз погоды.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-translators/attachments/20091219/81c5f3d6/attachment.htm 


More information about the ubuntu-translators mailing list