Morgue for MOTU ?

Stephan Hermann sh at sourcecode.de
Tue Feb 7 01:19:21 GMT 2006

Hi Lucas,

On Monday 06 February 2006 20:17, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> On 04/02/06 at 11:07 +0000, Reinhard Tartler wrote:
> > Stephan Hermann wrote:

> > > If the system of MoM is not working in a good way, then Canonical and
> > > Ubuntu have problems. So therefore, it should be the task of Canonical
> > > to fix this.
> >
> > I agree with Stephan. This is a problem in the infrastructure, which
> > launchpad is intended to solve.
>
> I haven't heard elsewhere that LP was intending to solve this particular
> problem. Really, Launchpad isn't the answer to life, the universe and
> everything (it would have been called 42 if so). Also, I'm a bit
> disapointed by the way LP tackled the bug tracking system problem, so
> saying that Launchpad is going to solve that problem is a bit scary :-)

Well, it is not the answer, but it's the tool of choice for Ubuntu.
Ubuntu is sponsored by Canonical, so everything related to the infrastructure
to build and/or help Ubuntu to be made, is coming right now from Canonical.
If this is a problem, please discuss this with the responsible people from the
Ubuntu Foundation and/or Canonical.

If you are disappointed in a way, that it makes it difficult to work for/with
ubuntu, please state this on ubuntu-devel ML or bring the issues towards the
TB.

> > but as far as I understand, MoM and the patches directory are
> > intended to be integrated into launchpad properly.
>
> any source for this ?

It will or should be part of HCT. Please ask the Master Of MoM about it,
Keybuck is Scotts nick on IRC.

Regards,

\sh