Morgue for MOTU ?

Lucas Nussbaum lucas at lucas-nussbaum.net
Mon Feb 6 19:17:46 GMT 2006

On 04/02/06 at 11:07 +0000, Reinhard Tartler wrote:
> Stephan Hermann wrote:
> > On Thursday 02 February 2006 01:06, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> >> I've put down the rationale for a Morgue for MOTUs on
> >> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/MorgueForMOTU
> >>
> >> Please read it and let me know what you think of it.
> >
> > If the system of MoM is not working in a good way, then Canonical and Ubuntu
> > have problems. So therefore, it should be the task of Canonical to fix this.
>
> I agree with Stephan. This is a problem in the infrastructure, which
> launchpad is intended to solve.

I haven't heard elsewhere that LP was intending to solve this particular
problem. Really, Launchpad isn't the answer to life, the universe and
everything (it would have been called 42 if so). Also, I'm a bit
disapointed by the way LP tackled the bug tracking system problem, so
saying that Launchpad is going to solve that problem is a bit scary :-)

> but as far as I understand, MoM and the patches directory are
> intended to be integrated into launchpad properly.

any source for this ?

> We cannot do much more than just wait for things to happen right now.
> This is a bit frustrating, but I don't see the necessity nor our
> capabilities to implement an alternative Morgue for MoM.

Well, I think I'll work on this particular problem (morgue), just for
fun. If somebody is willing to share some thoughs on the subject, just
ping me.
--
| lucas at lucas-nussbaum.net   http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/ |
| jabber: lucas at nussbaum.fr             GPG: 1024D/023B3F4F |