[ubuntu-hardened] Team Discourse Migration

Seth Arnold seth.arnold at canonical.com
Fri Feb 3 02:11:04 UTC 2023

On Thu, Feb 02, 2023 at 10:00:19AM -0500, Aaron Prisk wrote:
> As some of you may already know, the Community Team is working on improving
> our community documentation offerings. A major component of this initiative
> is the migration of documentation from the community wiki to the Ubuntu
> Discourse.

Hello Aaron, this is good to hear, our wiki has been feeling more and more
like a hindrance the last few years.

Google suggests that we've got 168 pages under
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/. Many of these URLs have been widely
published for years and there's extensive links within the wiki to find
additional context.

What is the plan to provide for URL continuity from old names to new names?

Is there a mechanism in place to rewrite the horrible old wiki syntax to
markdown suitable for use with discourse? Will it retain the internal links?

When is the wiki going to be turned off?

Thanks