sugerencia para hacer mas rapida y practica la traduccion

Jose joseluis.tirado en gmail.com
Mar Ago 28 18:16:32 UTC 2012

I understand your point, and agree with you to some extent. In fact in my
first translations in the Ubuntu manual I left Dash untranslated. But, in
my opinion, there some subtle differences among GNOME, MPlayer, and LIbre
Office and Dash:

   - The first ones are proper names of products. Dash, as Launcher as
   well,  are features of a product and the English names are descriptive of
   their behaviour, so finding a suitable name in Spanish would be highly
   desirable. An only Spanish speaker user would eventually find some logic to
   "lanzador" and "tablero" words, much better than Launcher and Dash.
   - As a translator I would always favor the consistency over personal
   preferences. I notice that Dash was in fact translated as Tablero in the
   Ubuntu help. Therefore I felt pushed to  correct my previous translations
   in the Ubuntu manual to match the documentation in Ubuntu help. Referring
   the same thing with two different names would only lead to confusion.

My "complain" was that instead of having to search for already existing
translation for Dash, it would be nice to keep a live glossary where that
kind of terms could be looked up. Not only conflictive translations, but an
Spanish Ubuntu glossary.