+1 maintenance report

Bryce Harrington bryce.harrington at canonical.com
Sat Sep 9 01:46:34 UTC 2023

# Plus One Maintenance for Week of Sep 04-08, 2023 #

Here's notes for what I've worked on.  Since Monday was a holiday for
me, I also had a shortened week.

The previous +1 maintenance report (by Benjamin Drung) is here:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2023-September/042775.html

## sphinx cluster ##

* dolfin: All architectures had hit timeout failure issues on basic
  autopkgtest.  I retriggered and they passed.  I then retriggered with
  sphinx-rtd-theme and a few other packages to clear the update excuse.

* fenics-dolfinx: Same as dolfin, and basic retriggers also passed.
  Then also retriggered against sphinx-rtd-theme & co. successfully.

* pyfai: Test failure on armhf (only).
  - Appears to be a known-issue upstream, with a fix and a new release
    that landed in Debian just last week.
  - I confirmed the necessary patch is present in 2023.08, and sync'd
    the package (it has no Debian delta).

* sphinx-rtd-theme: With the above items resolved, sphinx-rtd-theme
  migrated successfully.

## multipath-tools ##

fence-agents had an autopkgtest failure on ppc64el.  A simple retrigger
enabled it to pass, allowing multipath-tools to migrate.

## rust-ahash ##

jbicha already reported the FTBFS to Debian, as it also affects them.
I've filed a bug report on our end, LP: #2034621.

## exec-path-from-shell-el ##

FTBFS trying to install deps, I'm gathering its trying to download from
the internet?  Debian hits same issue.  I suspect we just need to give
Lyx a -userdir.  I've filed update-excuse LP: #2034630.

## gpsim-doc ##

FTBFS writing to a non-existant directory.  This uses Lyx to build the
docs, which requires write access to $HOME/.lyx, but $HOME is
deliberately set to undefined so this breaks.  Same issue affects
Debian.  For now I've filed update-excuse LP: #2034631

## Django cluster ##

* senlin-dashboard FTBFS: Doesn't impact Debian (yet) but they haven't
  built against the newer Django afaict.  Filed LP: #2034629 for
  tracking.

* masakari-dashboard FTBFS: Different errors, but same situation as
  senlin-dashboard of failure after minor Debian update that they build
  only against the old Django.  Mentioned on same bug as above.

## Stats ##

2023-09-05  239 update excuse records found
2023-09-06  214 update excuse records found
2023-09-07  210 update excuse records found
2023-09-08  206 update excuse records found