+1 maintenance report
bdrung at ubuntu.com
Fri Sep 1 16:28:02 UTC 2023
I was on +1 maintenance on this week. Since I was on vacation on Monday
I only had four days (2023-08-29 to 2023-09-01).
The previous +1 maintenance report (by Zixing Liu) is here:
* Follow up on Zixing Liu shift: Included his fix to python-requests-
toolbelt in Debian, uploaded 1.0.0-2 to unstable, and synced to Ubuntu.
* I used visual-excuses to look at clusters. There were no big clusters
in universe. So I start looking at the oldest entries and checked
their linked update-excuse bugs for updates.
* **bettercap-caplets**: It looks like bettercap-ui was rejected from
the Debian NEW queue (LP: #2023575)
* **gsl**: Retried failing ruby-gsl/126.96.36.199+dfsg1-5build2 on ppc64el.
It is still failing and needs to be investigated.
* Opened [python-oslo.log 5.2.0-0ubuntu1
- I could reproduce the ppc64el test case failure and created a bug
report for it:
- Reported drive-by failure:
- Nailed the failure down to the `-O3` compiler flag and therefore
marked gcc-13 as affected.
* **simde**: The test suite on ppc64el failed. I could reproduce it on a
ppc64el host. So I opened bug #2033648 for it. Tested the lastest
upstream code which addresses those failures, but introduces two new
* **spyder**: The upstream test case
`test_get_user_environment_variables` failed to get the `PATH`
variable. The behavior could be reproduced in the autopkgtest
environment by running `env -i bash -l -c env` (trimmed down what the
upstrem Python code does). The latest upstream code (git master
branch) changed to use `bash -l` inside `bash -i` which did not work
as well. So I reported the failure upstream. (LP: #2033518)
* **dulwich**: I guess upgrading breezy from 3.3.2-2ubuntu1 to 3.3.3-2
could solve the test failures (needs testing), but this would need a
feature freeze exception.
* **dxvk**: Depends on libwine-development-dev which is provided by
wine-development. wine-development is not suitatable for Debian
testing nor Ubuntu.
* **pycrc**: 0.10.0-1 built successfully locally, but failed the same
way after cutting the Internet access. Added a patch to use
`docbook.dtd` from docbook5-xml instead of getting it from the
Internet. Uploaded 0.10.0-2 to unstable and synced to Ubuntu.
* **phylonium**: 1.7-1 FTBFS on armhf. The same is true for Debian.
Created LP #2033638 and linked the Debian bug.
* **debug-me**: 1.20221231-1 FTBFS on ppc64el due to internal ld.gold
error. Created LP #2033639 and marked binutils as affected.
* **dipy**: 1.7.0-1 fails to build on arm64, ppc64el, and s390x due to
a failing `test_cross` test case. This failure has been [reported
upstream](https://github.com/dipy/dipy/issues/2866) and `test_cross`
is skipped in 1.7.0-2. So I synced that version.
* **py3dns**: `testNS` and `testNSD` fails in the autopkgtest
environment, but these test succeed in a local schroot autopkgtest.
Probably the network setup in the Ubuntu autopkgtest environment let
these test fail. Created LP #2033649 for that and marked upstream as
affected as well.
* **bladerf**: 0.2023.02-1 fails to build from source, because it tries
to access the Internet (LP: #2033661). I changed the packaging to use
pybuild, uploaded 0.2023.02-1ubuntu1, and forwarded the change to
* **jdupes**: Fails to build on i386, because it introduces a new
dependency: libjodycode. I asked on #ubuntu-release to add libjodycode
to the list of packages that we build on i386.
* **stegseek**: 0.6+git20210910.ff677b9-1 fails to build, because
libjpeg62-turbo-dev is not available on Ubuntu. I changed the build
dependency to libjpeg-turbo8-dev and uploaded
0.6+git20210910.ff677b9-1ubuntu1 to Ubuntu.
* **pytrainer**: 2.2.1-1 has a broken dependency on python2, because
dh-python replaced the shebang `/usr/bin/env python` by
`/usr/bin/python2`. Enforce `/usr/bin/python3` as shebang, uploaded
that as 2.2.1-2 to Debian unstable, and synced to Ubuntu.
* **zict**: zict 3.0.0-2 `test_stress_different_keys_threadsafe` hangs
on ppc64el (LP #2033759). This behavior can be reproduces by running
the test suite only on one core (on ppc64el and amd64). So I reported
it upstream: https://github.com/dask/zict/issues/107
* **pytorch-vision**: FTBFS with ffmpeg 6.0. Opened LP #2033761 for it
and linked the Debian bug.
* **python-gsd**: 3.0.1-3 was not built on s390x. This was an
intentional change in the Debian package, because upstream does not
support big-endian systems. So I asked the archive admins to remove
the python-gsd s390x build from mantic:
* **python-libnacl**: 2.1.0-1 failed to build due to a recent
poetry-core breaks poetry. Since poetry 1.5.1+dfsg-4ubuntu1 is now in
mantic, I retried the build successfully.
* **python-socks**: The autopkgtest fails for 2.3.0-1, because it needs
the `tiny_proxy` module (LP: #2033899). So I packaged that module as
part of the Debian Python Team.
Debian & Ubuntu Developer
More information about the ubuntu-devel