+1 maintenance report

Nick Rosbrook nick.rosbrook at canonical.com
Fri Sep 8 20:29:05 UTC 2023

Hi,

I was on +1 maintenance this week. Given the US public holiday on
Monday and some other distractions, I did not cover as much as I would
have liked. My report is below.

### golang-github-form3tech-oss-jwt-go (LP: #2034390)

This package is blocked by failing autopkgtests in
golang-github-dgrijalva-jwt-go. At first I thought it was a problem in
dh-golang, but it was actually due to the broken
github-dgrijalva-jwt-go-dev transitional package provided by
src:golang-github-form3tech-oss-jwt-go.

The solution is to just remove src:golang-github-form3tech-oss-jwt-go
and src:github-dgrijalva-jwt-go. Shengjing uploaded a fix to Debian
for golang-gocloud, which was the last rdep of
github-dgrijalva-jwt-go-dev, and I synced that to Ubuntu. It should
now be safe to remove these packages from mantic, so I have requested
that on the LP and subscribed ubuntu-archive.

### libscrypt (LP: #2034710)

This package FTBFS on ppc64el due to a failing build-time test. This
was not happening on Debian, so I tried building with -O2, which fixed
the test. I uploaded a patch to Ubuntu to build this package with -O2
on ppc64el.

### libgssglue (LP :#2034709)

This package was blocked by its own failing autopkgtests. The version
in -proposed added some new autopkgtests, two of which (bad-configs,
bad-configs-root) were failing. The reason for the failure is that the
tests invoke /usr/bin/gsasl to test functionality provided by
libgssglue, but this is only available when /usr/bin/gsasl is linked
against libgssglue. On Ubuntu, we do not link gsasl against
libgssglue, which is a delta introduced during the MIR process for
gsasl. I therefore uploaded a fix to make these tests skippable
whenever /usr/bin/gsasl is not linked against libgssglue, and I
forwarded the patch to Debian.

### casparcg-server (LP: #2034959)

This package FTBFS against ffmpeg 6.0. The failure was caused by the
removal of AV_CODEC_CAP_AUTO_THREADS from libavcodec, but it was
renamed to AV_CODEC_CAP_OTHER_THREADS. Using the new flag name fixes
the build, so I uploaded a patch to Ubuntu and forwarded to Debian.

### gpac (LP: #2034955), moc (LP #2034944), xpra (LP: #2034962)

These packages are also FTBFS against ffmpeg 6.0. At first glance, it
looked like moc and gpac might be fixed by renaming old flags or
similar, but my simple attempts to get the build working just led to
new errors. I did not have time to dig into xpra very much. But there
are already Debian bugs for each of these issues, so I just created
update-excuse bugs for Ubuntu and linked the appropriate Debian bugs.

Thanks,
Nick