Lucid auto-syncing with Debian testing

Michael Bienia michael at bienia.de
Sun Nov 1 12:51:48 GMT 2009

Hi,

as I just read on https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LTS, lucid is going to
auto-sync with Debian testing instead of Debian unstable.

As I consider this an important change compared to current processes, I
was wondering if this will be announced on u-d-a or has every developer
to find it out by himself? Did I miss any other important changes I
might need to know as a developer?

How will this affect development?
- Is it still possible to sync with Debian unstable if needed? Or only
  with Debian testing?
- Do we need to update our tools?
  - Will MoM (merges.ubuntu.com) list pending merges against testing or
    still against unstable?
  - Should we change requestsync to file sync requests from testing
    instead of unstable? Or will they all get synced from testing even
    if the title mentions unstable?

Michael