Ubuntu Package Status Pages

Leann Ogasawara leann.ogasawara at canonical.com
Wed Sep 3 22:47:19 BST 2008

Hi All,

I just wanted to send out a note that the QA Team has released it's
first set of Package Status Pages for the wider audience to view:

http://status.qa.ubuntu.com/

For those of you unfamiliar with these pages, the idea was first
generated from one of our QA Team specs[1].  The intention of these
pages are to help package maintainers, developers, and other interested
parties measure the current state of a package.  The pages, for example,
provide interesting bug metrics and statistics than can help focus
development efforts and locate useful entry points for getting
involved.

We plan to continue modifying, updating, and improving the content
provided in these pages.  We've already set up a feedback wiki[2] to
document many of the changes we plan to implement.  We encourage you to
please add any other feature requests or ideas to that wiki as well.   A
future goal is to also migrate some (or all) of this information to be
reflected at the package's Launchpad page rather than hosted separately.

I'd also like to extend a big thank you to both Brian Murray and
Stephane Graber for their help with assembling these pages.  Brian's
done a great job generating many of the interesting bug metrics as well
as the graphs we display on each of the pages.  And Stephane was an
excellent resource for helping develop/migrate the code so that these
pages could co-exist with the existing iso tracking and brainstorm
infrastructure.

Please let us know if you have any questions, criticisms, or just
overall feedback.  It's much appreciated.

Thanks,
Leann

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/Specs/PackageStatusPages
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/Specs/PackageStatusPages/Feedback