Ubuntu Package Status Pages

Matt Zimmerman mdz at ubuntu.com
Thu Sep 4 11:23:25 BST 2008

On Wed, Sep 03, 2008 at 02:47:19PM -0700, Leann Ogasawara wrote:
> I just wanted to send out a note that the QA Team has released it's
> first set of Package Status Pages for the wider audience to view:
>
> http://status.qa.ubuntu.com/
>
> For those of you unfamiliar with these pages, the idea was first
> generated from one of our QA Team specs[1].  The intention of these
> pages are to help package maintainers, developers, and other interested
> parties measure the current state of a package.  The pages, for example,
> provide interesting bug metrics and statistics than can help focus
> development efforts and locate useful entry points for getting
> involved.

I'm happy to see this fully deployed now.

> Please let us know if you have any questions, criticisms, or just
> overall feedback.  It's much appreciated.

It covers a relatively small subset of packages right now; what do you think
the criteria should be for adding a new package?

It seems to serve two purposes: one for the direct benefit of developers
working on the package (in which case we should be willing to monitor
additional packages to help them), the other as a means to help people get
involved where they can make the most difference (in which case we should
keep the set of packages on the front page small).

--
 - mdz