(very important main package) Builds of ttf-bpg-georgian-fonts - 0.3: edgy i386 Failed to build

Vladimer Sichinava vlsichinava at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 14:43:07 BST 2006

Hello Matthew & Matt & Developers,

(This message previously was sent to Matthew Garret(package mantainer)
and Matt Zimmerman,but it's better if you all deside howto manage this
problem)

I don't want to annoy you, but I would like
to describe my problem, some time ago Matthew Garrett
made a (famous!) ttf-bpg-georgian-fonts packages (0.3) version
for both Ubuntu and Debian systems, but for some reasons Ubuntu
package "Failed to build":

https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/ttf-bpg-georgian-fonts/0.3

and Debian .deb package is available:

http://packages.debian.org/unstable/x11/ttf-bpg-georgian-fonts

Afterwards I've re-filed the bug (rosetta [bug 55966])
(You can see some of my comments here:

https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/ttf-bpg-georgian-fonts/+bug/55966)

that in Ubuntu Edgy ttf-bpg-georgian-fonts package is still 0.2 version
and 0.3 verison is extremely needed, because it contains new essential
fonts with lot of design corrections and also:

* Include udeb. Closes: #356333

* Ships a slightly wider selection of fonts (Malone #47393)

* Adds sensible fontconfig configuration

* Add missing Defoma entries (Malone #46469)

Matthew refused 0.3 package build fixing because of
fontconfig issue (at that moment fontconfig issue was more important)
https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/ttf-bpg-georgian-fonts/+bug/55966/comments/9

Some days later problem was solved (Thanks Matthew Garret & Matt
Zimmerman collaboration), and new fontconfig works great with Debian
package of ttf-bpg-georgian-fonts v.0.3, but still
no updates for Ubuntu .deb current 0.2.

mdz sent me the bug log too:
http://librarian.launchpad.net/4710114/buildlog_ubuntu-edgy-i386.ttf-bpg-georgian-fonts_0.3_FAILEDTOBUILD.txt.gz

Would you be so kind to change that situation in Ubuntu 6.10 ? Is it
possible to do an exeption?

Thank you a lot again and sorry me!

With respect

Vladimer Sichinava