Maverick graphics driver updates?

Christopher James Halse Rogers raof at ubuntu.com
Fri Jul 9 03:40:29 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-07-08 at 11:05 +0100, Daniel J Blueman wrote:
> At present in Maverick repositories, we have:
>
> mesa 7.8.1
> xserver-xorg-video-radeon 6.13.0
> xserver-xorg-video-intel 2.11.0
> xserver-xorg-video-nouveau 0.0.16+git20100518
>
> Does it make sense to move to mesa 7.8.2, intel 2.12.0, radeon 6.13.1
> and potentially a newer nouveau snapshot as early as possible, to
> maximise exposure?

These are all planned - in fact, we additionally plan to move to mesa
7.9 and Xserver 1.9.

A launchpad bug won't speed this process.  You're welcome to help,
though - come and say hi in #ubuntu-x!

I was hoping to get Xserver 1.9 in first.  All the drivers will need a
rebuild after this anyway, so it's a good time to update them.

Chris Halse Rogers