Did we really release 8.04?

Evan eapache at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 16:22:02 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 11:43 AM, Luke L <lukehasnoname at gmail.com> wrote:

> NOW people realize that something is wrong with the dev cycle!

I started a discussion on the dev cycle on this list a while back

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel-discuss/2007-December/002803.html

It continues here in the January-08 archive:

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel-discuss/2008-January/002813.html

A lot of ideas were tossed around, but nothing really came of it.

Whatever the case with our release cycle though, we do need to cover our
bugs better. I have reported several reproducible bugs that include all the
correct information, but that haven't even been triaged yet. Some of these
date back to the Gutsy development cycle (and are still around in my
up-to-date Hardy).

I am personally in favour of adding no new features at all to the next LTS.
Do the upstream merge from debian, but don't change anything else. Just fix
bugs.