Did we really release 8.04?

Pär Lidén par.liden at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 13:46:49 UTC 2008

2008/7/7 Evan <eapache at gmail.com>:

> I started a discussion on the dev cycle on this list a while back

Yes,  I remember that discussion. I think those ideas you had were good, it
was a bit of a pity that they were not implemented into the release process.
Hopefully things will change for the next LTS release.

I am personally in favour of adding no new features at all to the next LTS.
> Do the upstream merge from debian, but don't change anything else. Just fix
> bugs.

I am very much in favor of this also. Then we might actually get a Ubuntu
release that would be so stable that I could recommend it with confidence to
those of my friends which haven't used Linux before.

/Pär