Drag Window from anywhere in Metacity?

Markus Hitter mah at jump-ing.de
Fri Aug 22 18:00:21 UTC 2008

Am 22.08.2008 um 19:16 schrieb Mackenzie Morgan:

> You have to click in the titlebar to move the window.  Not having
> Alt-Click-and-move-from-anywhere is one of my big complaints about
> Apple's window manager.

In Mac OS X, drag-from-anywhere is a feature not of the window
manager, but implemented on the widget set level (Cocoa, Carbon). A
developer decides at interface design time wether his app has this
feature or not. Some developers prefer their app to be drag-from-
titlebar-only, others don't. Both types of apps coexist smoothly.

To add my $ o.o2 to the Ubuntu discussion: the drag-from-anywhere
feature isn't always useful, but as well never gets into the way. I'd
drop the requirement to hold down the Alt key.

MarKus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/