DMB voting procedure

Iain Lane laney at ubuntu.com
Tue Jun 28 09:39:03 UTC 2011

Hi there,

I hope you can discuss this at the TB meeting today, but if not then guidance
over email would be fine.

The DMB appears to be unclear on the voting procedure to approve new
developers. There are two schools of thought within the board. Thread here,
with a link to the IRC log which might be interesting too

  https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/devel-permissions/2011-June/000235.html

my thoughts about how it works

  https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/devel-permissions/2011-June/000236.html
  https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/devel-permissions/2011-June/000237.html

Cody's thoughts

  https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/devel-permissions/2011-June/000240.html

It appears this hasn't been written down (or nobody can find it). Can you
help us to clarify how we are supposed to be voting (basically — do we
require +4 or +1 after all board members have voted?)

Cheers,
Iain