14.04 seems subject to bug 1046563 with update-manager/notifier

bapoumba bapoumba at ubuntu.com
Sat May 17 20:34:08 UTC 2014

Hello :)

I've been keeping an eye on this.

For 2 days, update-notifier has not reported anything. just checked today
with apt-get and got this from a simulation on upgrade :

  apport apport-gtk python3-apport python3-problem-report
  python3-software-properties software-properties-common
  software-properties-gtk

Looking here :
http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/phased-updates.html, I see
software-propoerties has currently been offered to 90% of users and is on
day 2, I'll wait for a day or two.
The other one that I have installed and could be upgraded is apport, but it
is being blocked due to
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apport/+bug/1282349
The apport bug seems fixed, but the package offered by apt-get is still
2.14.1 :

Inst apport [2.14.1-0ubuntu3] (2.14.1-0ubuntu3.1
Ubuntu:14.04/trusty-updates [all])

when the fix is in package apport - 2.14.2-0ubuntu1, only available in
utopic for now (I'm on trusty).

So we'll see.
Cheers,
b.